This is American Pancakes Recipe By Miriam Nice from BBC Good Food. Fluffy, American-style, easy pancakes are great for feeding a crowd at brunch or breakfast. Top with something sweet like jam or syrup, fruit, or rashers of crispy bacon.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200ml milk
- 25g melted butter, plus extra for cooking
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
See also: Lion House Dinner Rolls Recipe
- Mix the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl. Create a well in the centre with the back of your spoon then add the eggs, melted butter and milk. Whisk together either with a balloon whisk or electric hand beaters until smooth then pour into a jug.
- Heat a small knob of butter and 1 tsp of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter looks frothy pour in rounds of the batter, approximately 8cm wide. Make sure you don’t put the pancakes too close together as they will spread during cooking. Cook the pancakes on their first side for about 1-2 mins or until lots of tiny bubbles start to appear and pop on the surface. Flip the pancakes over and cook for a further minute on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve your pancakes stacked up on a plate with a drizzle of maple syrup and any of your favourite toppings.