Easy Chicken Lo Mein Recipe By Sabrina from Dinner then Dessert. If you’re looking for something a bit thicker than the traditional Chow Mein, Lo Mein is a fantastic Chinese takeout option. Chicken Lo Mein with chewy Chinese egg noodles, carrots, bell peppers, chicken and bean sprouts in under 30 minutes like your favorite Chinese takeout restaurant.
See also: The Best Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe
- 10 ounces Chinese egg noodles
- 2 chicken breasts sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup onion slices
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
See also: Chinese Food Recipes Noodles Chicken
- Cook the egg noodles one minute shy of the directions.
- Drain and toss with sesame oil in a bowl to coat.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and add in the red bell peppers, ginger and garlic and cook them for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently until just softened.
- Add in the water, soy sauce, cornstarch, vegetable oil and oyster sauce into the skillet.
- Add in the carrot, onion and cabbage and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding back in the chicken and egg noodles.
- Add in the bean sprouts, toss all the ingredients together well and serve.