Our garlic herb butter roasted chicken is done in quick and easy and your family will be happy to enjoy it as well as will leave your house smelling heavenly. On a Sunday, you could make the chicken then shred it and enjoy the flavors all week long (that’s what I usually do.)
Garlic butter herb roasted chicken that will make you swoon and this simple roast chicken recipe is guaranteed to be a new family favorite!
- 1 Just BARE Natural Whole Chicken (3.5 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons diced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon diced fresh tarragon
- 1 whole lemon, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Position rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place the whole Just BARE chicken on a cutting board and pat it dry with paper towel. Using your hands gently separate skin from the meat on the breast, leg and thighs, being careful not to pop a hole through the skin. Using salt, season under the skin all over the bird. (This acts as a dry brine to keep moisture in the chicken.)
- Place a wire cooking rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Place the chicken breast-side up on wire rack or place in a skillet.
- In a small bowl, add butter, sage, thyme, tarragon and garlic. Using a fork or spoon mix together until all the ingredients are combined.
- Take half of the mixture and rub under the skin, just like you did with the salt. Be sure to get it all over.
- Place the lemon halves inside the chicken cavity. Using cooking twine, tie the legs together.
- Place chicken in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, rub remaining butter mixture all over of the chicken. Place the chicken back into the oven and continue roasting for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh (the bottom of the chicken.) The chicken will be done when the thigh is 165 degrees F.
- Remove roasted chicken from oven. Let the chicken rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve and devour!