The recipe of healthy Greek yogurt pumpkin bread by Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. This easy healthy pumpkin bread can be made with or without chocolate chips. The best healthy pumpkin bread with yogurt is bursting with Fall flavors and made with tons of healthy ingredient swaps.
Read also: Very Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (must be Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, measured when melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts optional
- 1/2 cup oat flour (blended up old fashioned oats)
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose white or white-whole wheat (regular whole wheat not recommended)
See also: Lion House Dinner Rolls Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bread pan (I use 4.5 x 8.5 inch pan) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, Greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, coconut oil (measure in MELTED and slightly cooled form), and brown sugar until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, flour, and oat flour (measure oat flour AFTER blending the oats; to make oat flour, put old fashioned or quick oats in a blender and pulse them until they resemble flour). Stir in chocolate chips or nuts if desired. You don’t need to use chocolate or nuts for this bread, but if you leave them out I recommend adding 1 additional teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix the wet and dry together until just combined (over-mixing will yield a denser bread). (Increase spices if desired.)
- Pour into the prepared bread ban and bake for 40-55 minutes or until a fork when inserted into the center comes out clean or the bread starts to pull away from the edges. If needed, tent the top with tin foil if the top of the bread is baking faster than the rest.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. (I microwave a piece for 10-15 seconds before enjoying). Best eaten within 2-3 days otherwise tightly wrap individual pieces and freeze.