Pho in Instant Pot Recipe By Savita from Chef De Home. With just 10 minutes prep to get flavor of a day worth labor in one hour! Pho, flavorful Vietnamese Noodle Soup all prepared in Instant Pot with rich fatty yet clean broth.
Pho, Vietnamese Noodle Soup with signature rich, bursting with flavor, savory broth loaded with fresh toppings, meaty, and perfect for a chili night dinner so this scrumptious aromatic soup is must try once in lifetime.
Pho soup spiced savory broth warms from within. It’s works multi-duty. It’s nutrients are nourishing and toppings make it filling enough for a one-pot satisfactory dinner.
Today’s recipe is all prepared in Instant Po so make it special. This recipe gives you flavorful pho broth in just one hour with Instant Pot and few adjustments, whereas the authentic Pho is cooked low-slow for 8+ hours.
Read also: Lion House Dinner Rolls Recipe
Served loaded with toppings is one special characteristic of Pho Bowl, and even, lots of fresh toppings which compliment the savory meaty Pho soup.
I often add one or more of these toppings and you can use your favorite as you prefer.
- Bok Choy
- Green Onion
- Red Radish
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Pickled Radish
- Pickled Ginger
- Bean Sprout
- Rice Noodles
- Boiled Eggs
- Preserved Lemon
- Shredded Cabbage
See also: Easy Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
This Pho Soup is:
- One pot meal start to finish.
- Resulting soup is mild spiced, savory and loaded with nutrients. Perfect for a chili night dinner.
- Clean soup. Gluten free. Dairy free.
- Easy to prepare with quick turnaround of 1 hour in Instant Pot. Only 10 active minutes prep.
- So so delicious broth that you will start making it at home often. More often than visiting local Vietnamese Pho Noodle Shop!
- Lemon Grass (1 stalk, green cut into 2 inch sticks, yellow small chopped)
- 2.5 lbs Lamb
- 4″ Ginger (3 inch thick sliced, 1 inch small chopped)
- 1 Yellow Onion (sliced in half)
- 1/4 Cup Whole Spices
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar (white sugar or rock sugar)
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Shallot Onions (small diced)
- 1-2 tsp Canola Oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 2 Bay Leaf
- Salt (adjust to taste)
- Green Onion (scallion, small bunch, diced)
- Rice Noodles (thin noodles)
- Cilantro (small bunch, for serving)
- 2 Lime (cut into wedges, for serving)
- Sriracha (and gluten free hoisin sauce, both optional)
Read also: The Best Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe
- Switch on Instant Pot and heat to Saute setting. Add teaspoon of oil. Cook halved yellow onion and thick sliced ginger until slightly caramelized. (4-5 minutes) Remove in a plate.
- Keep Instant Pot on Saute setting. Add 1 tsp more oil if pot is very dry. Add yellow part of lemongrass, diced shallot, remaining diced 1 inch ginger. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until shallots are soft.
- Add in whole spices, green part of lemongrass, charred yellow onion and ginger, lamb -both shank and chops, bay leaf, 9 cups of water with 1.5 teaspoon salt and fish sauce.
- Secure the lid of cooker. Cook on low pressure for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, switch off and release the pressure manually or let pressure auto-release. Leave close for 10 minutes.
- In meantime, bring pot of water to rolling boil. Cook rice noodles as per package instructions. (I used little thick rice noodles which needed 2-3 minutes of cooking.)
- When pot is easy to handle, fish out the lamb shank and chops. Strain the soup through fine mesh. Return to pot. Remove meat from bones. Discard bones, shred or dice meat.
- To serve, in wide soup bowls, add serving of cooked rice noodles, serving of diced lamb meat with chopped scallion, cilantro, celery, bok choy. Ladle hot soup broth on top. Garnish with radish, lime wedges, and more cilantro. Serve sriracha and hoisin on the side. Enjoy!!!