Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas Recipe By Chris from Don’t Go Bacon My Heart. This recipe is incredibly delicious nd most importantly incredibly easy to make. This is the best vegetarian quesadillas you’ll ever taste!
See also: Pho in Instant Pot Recipe
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 4 White Flour Tortilla Wraps
- 1/2 can of Black Beans, rinsed
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or to preference)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Juice from 1/2 a Lime
- 2 Large handfuls of Cheddar
- Olive Oil
Extras ‘n’ optionals:
- Extra Limes
- Fresh Coriander
- Sour Cream
Read also: American Pancake Recipe 2019
- Preheat oven to 200c (390f).
- Place your spuds in a suitably sized oven dish and give them a good drizzle of Oil. Add in your Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Ground Coriander, Cayenne Pepper, Salt & Pepper and give them a mix to completely coat them. Pop in the oven for a good 25-30mins or until softened with a caramelized outing.
- When the dish has cooled down a little, grab a potato masher and roughly smash your Sweet Potatoes. Don’t mash it into oblivion, you want to keep some of the crispy parts of the potato. Place to one side.
- Take a Tortilla and lightly brush one side of it with Oil. Place on a griddle or regular pan oiled side face down, making sure the gas is turned off. Spread on half of your Sweet Potato mash, top with half your Black Beans, 1 Handful of Cheese and a squeeze of Lime Juice. Place a second Tortilla on top, press down to contain the filling and lightly brush the top with Oil.
- At this point turn the hob onto a medium heat and fry for around 6-8 mins on each side, or until nice and golden. If you tap on the Quesadillas it should sound slightly hollow and crunchy.
- Serve with any additional toppings and sides (suggestions in ingredients). Enjoy!