The Best Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe By Monique from Ambitious Kitchen. Can be made on the stovetop or in your slow cooker, healthy turkey chili made with corn, kidney beans and lean ground turkey. Made with plenty of corn, onion, tomatoes, kidney beans and spices, so this version is simply the BEST!
See also: Easy Buffalo Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken (99%)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- For topping: cheese, sour cream, cilantro, tortilla chips, avocado
See also: Yummy Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Next add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink.
- Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
- Next add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
- Garnish with anything you’d like.
- Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.