This vegan broccoli cheese soup SO easy to make because it’s ready in only 15 minutes. it’s SO creamy, rich and thick, you would never know it’s gluten free, dairy free and healthy!
See also: American Pancake Recipe 2019
- 1 1/2 Cups Broccoli roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onion minced
- 2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup + 3 Tbsp Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Cup Roasted cashews soaked overnight
- 2 Cups Reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 – 1 1/4 tsp Salt to taste
- 6 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- Pepper to taste
See also: Very Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Heat the olive up in a medium pot on medium/high heat. Add the minced onion and cook until lightly golden, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the stock, reduce the heat to medium and simmer while you make the cream.
- Drain the water from the cashews and place them into a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix or Blendtec) along with the rest of the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Pour the cream into the soup, raise the temperature to medium and simmer until thickened, only 1-2 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper as needed.
Recipe source: Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup – www.foodfaithfitness.com